Restorative Procedures Dentist in San Jose, CA
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry procedures involve the diagnosis, management, and treatment of dental problems. This category of dentistry includes various other specialties such as endodontics, periodontics and other procedures. This method of treatment is undertaken when a patient has teeth that are decayed, chipped, cracked, or discolored. With the help of these procedures, the patient has a better smile and better oral health too.
What is the Procedure for Restorative Dentistry Procedures?
The procedures begin once the dentist diagnoses the patient. Based on the condition of the patient's teeth the dentist decides upon a particular restorative procedure. Some procedures are minimally invasive and require fewer appointments as compared to other more complicated procedures. Each procedure is tailored towards the individual patient's needs.
What are the Different Restorative Dentistry Procedures?
- Fillings are used to restore the surface of the patient's teeth or to replace missing teeth. Some different kinds of fillings are composite, amalgam, and many more.
- Veneers are tooth-colored materials that are bonded to the surface of the patient's teeth. They improve the appearance of the patient's teeth and their oral health as well.
- Crowns and Bridges are restorations used in cases where the patient's teeth are cracked, damaged, chipped or decayed. They are used to replace missing teeth and give teeth a better and healthier appearance. Dental crowns and bridges help patients to speak and chew properly as well as improve the shape of the patient's face.
- Bonding is a procedure in which a bonding liquid is applied to the teeth to repair decayed teeth and to protect a portion of the patient's teeth. It is an effective alternative to dental veneers.
- Inlays and Onlays are used in cases of severe damage to the tooth. An inlay which is similar to a filling and it helps to restore the patient's teeth back to original health. An onlay is similar to an inlay but it is extended over the tooth.
What are the Benefits of Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry has many benefits such as:
- It helps to give the patient a fuller and more attractive smile.
- It helps to increase the patient's confidence.
- The restorative procedures help to correct the patient's gum and the alignment of their teeth.
- They give teeth a healthier and whiter appearance over time.
- All restorations look natural so that the person does not feel self-conscious.
- The procedures help to preserve teeth that are damaged and decayed so that the patient does not face severe pain.
The best part about restorative dentistry procedures are that they are a simple and easy solution to having a healthier and beautiful smile. It is the best option for patients who face difficulties with their oral health.
Dr. Nick Infantino, from San Jose, is an effective cosmetic and restorative dentist who will provide you with the best dental implant procedures. To get the best dental implant service call (408) 252-8156.